Saturday 26 April 2014

A return ticket to HELL for 1 please!

My trip to HELL or my ghee and purgation cleanse as its more correctly referred to is finally complete and the severe retching has subsided enough to enable me to write this blog.

This cleanse draws out the toxins from your cells into the digestive tract and then flushes out of your system, to reveal a squeaky clean you.  The cleanse consists of 3 to 5 days of ghee and then a day of purgation or flushing out of the body.

So the ghee cleanse involves you drinking medicated ghee or clarified butter that increases in dose each day, followed by two hot glasses of water and shortly after a third, eating a very light diet of broth soups, rice and lentils and only hot drinks....sounds simple eh....LIES!!

It really goes like this.....

1) Great medicine man at bedroom door enroute back from yoga, smile politely as he hands me the dreaded container and fills my flask with boiling water, then instructs me to drink the ghee straight away.

2) Set up the station in the bathroom (essential location as the stuff is vile and may be fired up at any moment).



3) Toothpaste on brush, essential oils ready. Down the ghee, hold it in, brush teeth and mouth like mad, add the 2 cups of BOILING water, not forgetting sock to hold scalding glass in. Repeat affirmations and slowly move away from the bathroom.



4) Add glass 3 of slightly more drinkable now cooled hot water, and sit quietly on bed beside bathroom. Inhale essential oils at every stomach churn.

5) Ensure mouth is opend widely and any burp is exhaled like fire from a dragons mouth and only when you begin to wheeze for breath should you close your mouth again, followed by large inhale of essential oils.

6) Broth soup at 12pm, rice and lentils at 7pm, oh and for those of us starving on this diet 4pm biscuit:)



Repeat this for 4 days and your are GUARANTEED to arrive in hell, no diversions just straight there!

Four days of  headaches, severe nausea & gagging, weakness, nightmares, hots &colds, becoming best buddies with my toilet and each day it getting worse. In comparison with the western world by day 3 I would normally be on my frequent flyer miles to Beaumont, hooked up to fluids and steroid drips having had several injections to stop my body from flinging everything out.

But I persevered and then nearly died on day 4. I even saw the bright lights, thankfully 'twas just the sun beating in my bedroom door, and my complete inability to complete the triathlon to reach it and to close it lol.



Day 4 went like this: steps 1 to 5 above, increasing the dose of ghee to 120ml.  Then bed, bathroom, bed, bathroom, bed, bathroom did I mention bed bathroom for 12 hours, my bathroom two and a half steps from my bed was like a marathon....not pretty at all!

Doctor arrived took one look at me- that fear filled look that I have come to know only too well over the years (which today I can giggle about) and decided to finish it straight away. Electrolite to rehydrate, nausea tablets, diarrhoea medicine and tablets, fruit juice and food, I was enroute back to me!

Purgation is due to follow the day after stopping the ghee however as my body was so weak it was persponded for 4 days.



So on purgation day I ate the icky paste (trying to imagine ice cream, chocolate, anything) and then began drinking hot water for a few hours, waiting for the results, at which point I became besties with my toilet- again....advice to anyone considering an ayurvedic cleanse share a room with NO ONE...your toilet is sacred!

Treatments also continued throughout the process, which added more 'fun' but I will tell you about them next time!


Squeaky clean love to you all from me and the plants xx






4 comments:

  1. Brilliant account! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you:) currently have 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' on FULL BLAST in my head, and bopping along...potentially oil on the brain!

      Delete