Thursday 10 April 2014

Indian Ayurvedic Adventures

Greetings from hot normally sunny but today cloudy India!!

For about a year or so I've been contemplating starting a blog, but did not know what to write about.  So many people have asked me to keep them posted about my 5 week Indian healing adventure, so here it is...my first blog and your update about my Indian ayurvedic adventure.

It's hard to believe a week has already passed since I left Dublin, however a clear sign I have arrived is my need to ask the staff what day it is on a daily bases....I am here!

The flight journey was awesome (haha maybe a little over enthusiastic), but kind of, especially the part where they upgraded me to the exit row, and the other part where I had a row to myself!! Whilst it wasn't the upgrade I'd been working on manifesting I gratefully accepted both..... 


See lotsa leg room...I hear those tall people eeeking ( also possibly the echo of the huge man in the row behind me lol ). Oh and I must not forget my internal indian flight -wish I took a photo, it was like a toy plane, the steps pulled down from the plane and only one person could board the plan at a time and tractors took the luggage off the plane when I arrived at Coimbatore airport, probably nothing much for all you globe trotters, but a funny sight for me!

So I was collected from the airport by a lovely gentleman from the ayurvedic hospital centre and thanks to Paulette's advice it was a very pleasant journey. Perched in the front seat I began to experience India first hand, and think I now have a firm grasp of the rules of the road...'twas like being in the front seat in mario kart! After we got out of the city we began the mountain climb, blind bends, horns honking, monkeys running, it really was so exciting, my driver stopped to show me the view half way up the mountain in the nature reserve.....

 
They even had signs to say 'careful elephants crossing' how cool is that?! Sadly no elephants seen yet, but as you all know me and my hopefulness, otherwise it might be a photoshop job lol!

So I arrived at the clinic and was greeted by the wonderful Team, saw the doctor and after a few room changes began to settle in and start treatments.

The routine is fabulous (apart from the Meds 5 times a day, especially the 6am wake up call one). Lotsa time to chill out and my new favourite hobbie appears to be chasing the shade around the garden (yes I'm not kidding) and I win every time lol!

Many if you maybe unaware of what ayurveda is but it's basically translates to the science or wisdom of life and is an ancient method of healing and balancing the body to promote health.

I have come to the hospital in India for five weeks of panchakarma or detoxification treatments with the hope that it can dissolve my ever growing list of chronic illness' and enable me to live a vibrant life filled with light, love and happiness.

The hospital is located in the blue mountains near coonoor in the Tamil Nadu district of India.  Surrounded by nature and wildlife this is the view of the garden from my bedroom. And just in case the picture doesn't look 'nature filled enough' a wild monkey the size of my dog (big dog) strolled by my room and insists on visiting the garden and roof tops frequently.


With yoga that is too physically strong for me to part take in at the moment (people trying to stand on their head who are beginners in yoga, yes DRU yogis I hear you shriek) I have resolved to commit to my daily DRU yoga practice- watch out ladies I'll be like a walking manual once I return on May 10th, but hopefully more flexible than my 10 techer training books currently residing beside me on my bed!

So I'm currently getting to grips with all my different twice daily treatments, enjoying tasty fresh food- like just picked off the tree (coconuts for breakfast this morning) and meeting lotsa interesting people.



The lessons have started and once I have digested these I will blog a little more owwww sounds so good, blog a little more :)

Sending love to each of you xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment