Friday 2 May 2014

Facing My Fear of Cohabiting!

I had commenced another blog, but have put it on pause as I felt the lessons 'learned' and need to express my sheer terror was far greater...so here you go- Cohabiting!

It was inevitable that after 4 weeks of living in an Indian nature reserve I would be faced with not just an unwelcome visitor but a family of misfits. However spending the night with a venomous creature was and still is very out there! Please be more careful universe when your creating my next challenge!

The flies commenced the room invasion, so even having an afternoon nap became impossible as they buzzed by, each seeing who could skim me. And those who know me, well know how dangerous it is to disturb my sleep in any form!

So I got clever (or so I thought) I kept my door closed all day and closed it quickly each time I entered or left my room and had a wonderful afternoon nap zzzz

So can you imagine my HORROR when I returned to my room after dinner, turned on my lights and was 'greeted' by an AMPLIFIED buzzing, which we know is terrorising when you can't see 'it', but then came the big reveal and the TERROR, hysteria and uncontrolled body movements set in!

Billy the bug as he has now been named (thanks to Sephi) decided to reveal himself, the size of a cockroach but black and yellow and frantically flying around my room. After I freed myself from the initial frantic / crazy lady state, I for some reason ran to my bathroom, thinking I could lur him there, (clearly not thinking that I'd need to also frequent the same room throughout the night).  So lights on in the bathroom, bedroom lights off and I waited but Billy was wiser :(

Billy had landed on a top I had hanging so instead of just swatting him I swivelled to grab a glass and some card to catch him and set him free, but as soon as I spun back around he was now somehow silently GONE.  Plan B in the form of my yoga philosophy I'd studied that morning had taken over...Note to all yogis ahimsa or non-violence, can cause severe TRAUMA! Not sure which was worse the big reveal or knowing he was now silently hiding. 

So I waited and waited and waited until I no longer could, 'twas at this point the frantic searching ensued.  Everything I moved went with a highly adrenal filled movement, like a tiger was about to pounce. So having turned all the lights back on, moved everything and I mean everything in my room Billy was still missing! And a GIANT spider had been discovered.

So I waited some more and nothing. It was at this point that I began to question if I hulisinating, and as amusing as this may sound I'm not joking!!

(Just in case you though I was exaggerating, this is an internet picture of Billy as a baby, even the picture is giving me the creeps!)

So Skype beckoned and between Skype calls by the very dimly lit beside lamp Billy decided to buzz again, I could see his black shadow, lept out of bed and repeated the above attempts and still no Billy, whilst the spider watched amusingly from the ceiling!

So bedtime went like this: half a bottle of my aromatherapy bug oil all over my bed, blanket, pillow, pjs and me, ear plugs (which made it worse) and burying myself under the covers completely, affirmations where said, Billy and the spider where even sent love and compassion (at this point I was prepared to trying ANYTHING).

I somehow awoke freshly the next morning, delighted to be still alive and surprised to be revitalised, I giggled to myself about the night before, and then the buzzing commenced again.

Returning home from yoga I flung my door open, an invitation to Billy to leave and I sat watching the door and waiting but nothing, Billy has vanished, however the flies are back, and I'm attempting to feel grateful for them.

So the moral of the story is:
1) It was actually a giant flying hornet, the type that does actually kill people, so my answer when my dear friend Sephi asked on Skype what's the worst that could happen, I was right...always trust your gut!
2) My adrenal glands now appear to be fully functioning in stressful situations.
3) Ahimsa is a skill which I must master, however I would prefer a different form next time please!
4) I'm ready to go home to Irish bugs now!

Sending love to you all x

Ps Sharing some beautiful sunshine with you all. Sunrise this morning from my bed:)



No comments:

Post a Comment